SWISS is designed for defense to provide necessary interlock signals to the Ship’s weapon control systems for permitting and prohibiting firing of weapons. It ensures safety of ship, onboard men and machine from possible mid air collision of fired ammunition, close to the ship.
SWISS accepts angle position, Power ON and other status information from different type of weapons deployed and interacts with weapon control systems over RS 422 channels. The acquired real-time data collected from the weapons is cross checked with the pre-programmed rule set, (for mutual problem free operation of weapons) by the glue logic, designed in the FPGA and generates permit/prohibit signals in near real-time. The computed output data is also fed to the weapon control system. Communication between SWISS and other weapon control systems on-board are on separate asynchronous differential channels. These interfaces follow proprietary protocols devised by the vendors which are open for future modifications. All the 14 communication channels including the weapon interface can be scanned and refreshed at a rate limited by the length of protocol packets. The hardware is designed for robust, trouble free operation with complete redundancy of critical cards by the Master/Slave implementation and hot swapping, with no loss of data.
- Warship safety system
- Industrial yard safety and security system
- Process Industry safety and security system
- Manufacturing Industry safety and security system
Customization of the product can be done for communication protocol, type and number of inputs & outputs, peripherals and control logic and size/number of equipment.
Main Unit consisting of
- Logic Control Unit (LCU) consisting of two Control, two Weapon Interface and one back plane
card and optimal simulator.
- Ruggedized PC with 20.1” LCD display, touch
screen and back lit water proof keyboard
- Front panel with manual control inputs and LED
- Anti-condensation Unit
Power Supply Unit consisting of
- 3-Phase 415 VAC to 1-Phase 220 VAC converter, stabilizer
- UPS – to support change over
- 1-Phase 220 VAC to 12 VDC and 28VDC converters
- Remote Display Unit for monitoring