System software development requires specialized skills and innovative approach. Our engineers possess extensive knowledge of hardware, operating system, low-level diagnostic and performance tools, giving us an edge over competition.
Dexcel's Embedded Software team has substantial experience in BSP development for Single Board Computer (SBC), OEMs, as well as custom hardware implementations. Our experience includes working with OMAP, ORION, ARM7, ARM9, StrongARM, XSCALE, x86, PowerPC, NIOS II, MIPS, 8/16 bit microcontrollers and DSPs (fixed and floating point) architecture.
Dexcel System Software Systems services include
- Boot code development
- Development of Board Support Packages and Device Drivers for various reference designs or new BSPs for new processors/Board
- Firmware and diagnostics
- RTOS - VxWorks , pSOS, WinCE , Embedded Linux , QNX, Thread-X, Nucleus
- Logical and physical drivers supporting various layers of protocol stacks for embedded applications
- Feature enhancements for existing systems
- Design and interoperability testing, test automation for existing platforms
- Enhancement of BSP software for specific boards
- Customized API development for specific customer needs
- Development and Porting of Protocols stacks
- Development of Wired and Wireless Stacks
- Embedded Software Development
- Porting Protocol Stacks
- Windows (CE, 2K, NT) to Linux
- Linux to Window (CE, 2K, NT)
- Porting Codecs
- C Code porting onto specific DSP
- C Code porting onto specific DSP assembly code
- Optimized (DSP) C code to DSP assembly code
- Porting of Applications onto different operating systems
Our embedded expertise covers application development and optimization over a wide range of platforms. Competencies in processor dependent assembly level optimization of code and real-time multi-threaded application development allows us to optimize software against speed/ memory limitations and real time performance requirements for wide range of products used in areas of networking & communication, digital media and wireless.
Software Application Development
Application software is a subclass of the software (embedded/desktop) that employs the capabilities of a processor directly to a task that the user wishes to perform.
Dexcel understands that complex solutions often result from complex requirements, but careful and attentive definition of those requirements is essential to finding the optimum solution. In addition, having the subject matter expertise to understand the conceptual problems while defining the accompanying solution ensures that the application will meet and exceed the needs of the customer. And by developing prototypes and keeping open communication with the customer at each step of the way, the Dexcel team guarantees that the most useful and useable application is developed.
Dexcel has experience in developing a wide range of software applications using Sun ,Linux and Microsoft Technologies.
- .Net platform
- Windows CE
- SQL and DataBase Management
Application Domain Expertise
- Enterprise Software
- Tool Development
- Industrial Automation
- Media and entertainment
- Media Development(SDK)
- Product Management Software
- Front ends for Embedded platforms
Dexcel experience in designing hand-held devices has helped in the development of GUI's for various embedded systems. The expertise gained has aided the software team in using open source libraries like QT, NanoX, GTK, FLTK and various scripting languages for developing a range of GUIs for embedded systems. These libraries are used to develop a Graphical User Interface for normal LCD displays and touch screen interfaces. The operating Systems used include VxWorks, QNX, Nucleus, WinCE, PocketPC and Embedded Linux.